Life is better together. Participating in Group Life is one of the best ways to encourage spiritual growth. We weren’t meant to do life alone. Join a group of believers today.
- Sunday Groups meet on campus at 9:15 am every Sunday.
- Life Groups meet throughout the city each week at various times within each semester.
WHY IS GROUP LIFE MINISTRY VITAL:
Group Life Ministry is vital to the spiritual health and development of the church because:
1. It provides the intentional next step of helping people progress from big groups environments (worship service) to small groups environments (Group Life)
- Worship service only provides part of your overall spiritual development
- Next Step: Moving from sitting in rows to sitting in circles
2. It provides the ideal environment for building real relationships and friendships
- We are relational beings by design
- We all long for a sense of belonging, friendship, and community
3. If provides the invaluable process for spiritual growth
- Spiritual growth happens best in relationships
- Spiritual growth is lived out in relational contexts
4. Group Life Ministry is all about people “doing life together”!
WHY ADD LIFE GROUPS TO THE GROUP LIFE MINISTRY:
- The term Sunday School Class can be a barrier to many people, especially the unchurched.
- Life Groups reflects well the function of “belong” – “Doing Life Together”
- Relaxed & casual atmosphere
- Flexible meeting place and time
- Not bounded by the 1 hour time
- Small group dynamic
- Reach where you live, work, and play
- Alleviates the physical space demand on campus
WHAT ARE LIFE GROUPS:
1. Life Groups are a part of the Group Life Ministry
- Sunday School
- Life Groups
2. Life Groups are small groups that meet off church campus throughout the week
- Mostly homes
- Offices, restaurants, cafes, and etc.
- Protected slots: Sunday AM Worship and Wednesday PM
3. A Life Groups typically consists of 6-18 people
HOW IT WORKS:
- By geographically regions
- By life stages and affinity
2. Meeting Seasons
- Semester Based (similar to school calendar) – 6-18 weeks
- Group members can choose to stay together or reform each semester
3. Leadership Structure
- Facilitator & Home Host
- Orientation & Training
- Selected or pre-approved by the Executive Pastor
- RightNow Media
- Each group will arrange its own as needed
- Church may reimburse with receipt up to $30 per group