Life is better together. Participating in Group Life is one of the best ways to encourage spiritual growth. We weren’t meant to do life alone. Join a group of believers today.
- Sunday Groups meet on campus at 9:15 every Sunday.
- Life Groups meet throughout the city each week at various times within each semester.
WHY IS GROUP LIFE MINISTRY VITAL:
Group Life Ministry is vital to the spiritual health and development of the church because:
1. It provides the intentional next step of helping people progress from big groups environments (worship service) to small groups environments (Group Life)
- Worship service only provides part of your overall spiritual development
- Next Step: Moving from sitting in rows to sitting in circles
2. It provides the ideal environment for building real relationships and friendships
- We are relational beings by design
- We all long for a sense of belonging, friendship, and community
3. If provides the invaluable process for spiritual growth
- Spiritual growth happens best in relationships
- Spiritual growth is lived out in relational contexts
4. Group Life Ministry is all about people “doing life together”!
WHY ADD LIFE GROUPS TO THE GROUP LIFE MINISTRY:
- The term Sunday School Class can be a barrier to many people, especially the unchurched.
- Life Groups reflects well the function of “belong” – “Doing Life Together”
- Relaxed & casual atmosphere
- Flexible meeting place and time
- Not bounded by the 1 hour time
- Small group dynamic
- Reach where you live, work, and play
- Alleviates the physical space demand on campus
WHAT ARE LIFE GROUPS:
1. Life Groups are a part of the Group Life Ministry
- Sunday School
- Life Groups
2. Life Groups are small groups that meet off church campus throughout the week
- Mostly homes
- Offices, restaurants, cafes, and etc.
- Protected slots: Sunday AM Worship and Wednesday PM
3. A Life Groups typically consists of 6-18 people
HOW WILL IT WORK:
- By geographically regions
- By life stages and affinity
2. Meeting Seasons
- Semester Based (similar to school calendar) – 6-18 weeks
- Group members can choose to stay together or reform each semester
3. Leadership Structure
- Facilitator & Home Host
- Orientation & Training
- Selected or pre-approved by the Executive Pastor
- RightNow Media
- Each group will arrange its own as needed
- Church may reimburse with receipt up to $30 per group
2018 ROLL OUT:
- 7th: Promotion Begins
- 14th: Informational Meeting for Participants
- 28th: Orientation for Group Hosts/Facilitators
- 7th -28th: Groups Participants Sign Up
2. Winter/Spring Life Groups Studies
- Follow (Andy Stanley) – 8 Weeks [Feb 4 – Mar 30]
- All The Places To Go (John Ortberg) – 6 Weeks [Apr 8 – May 19]
- All Groups will be doing the same study
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.