Highland’s Missional Map is a representation of the direction, pathways and processes that which Highland will fulfill its biblical mission. The Missional Map consists of Highland’s mission, core values, vision, and strategy.
Highland’s mission is to love God, love people, and lead others to love God. (Mt 22:37-40; Mt 28:19-20)
Our 5 core values represent a set of deep beliefs that defines us liken to the DNA of a person or people.
- THE BIBLE – We value the authority and application of the Word of God (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- RELATIONSHIP – We value all people and our relationship with them because every person is created in God’s image (Gen 1:27).
- Relevance – We value relevance in how we engage a diverse culture (John 4:7-10).
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH – We value a growing intimacy with Jesus Christ through faith in and obedience to Him (John 15:1-8).
- EMPOWERMENT – We value each person’s God given potential and endeavor to equip and empower each person for his/her mission (Eph 4:11-15).
Highland’s vision is to become a movement that positively engages and impacts all people with the life changing power of Christ.
Our strategy is an intentional initiative and processes in and through which to accomplish our mission and vision. Highland’s strategy provides specific environments and a progression of processes (next steps) that help all people experience the life changing power of Christ. At Highland, our strategy consists of three key environments with respective processes that advance people in their church life engagement and spiritual growth:
Belong -> Believe ->Become.
- BELONG – environments and processes that help people experience authentic relationships and community
- BELIEVE – environments and processes that help people explore and/or embrace the Christian faith and church membership
- BECOME – environments and processes that help people reach and live out their God-given potential and life purpose